Sure, you can keep your teeth and gums relatively clean by brushing your teeth consistently and flossing every day – just like you can keep a car clean by consistently going to the car wash. But if you never take your car to get an oil change, you are in for some trouble down the road. Teeth maintenance is the same. Taking good care of your oral health requires getting regular, professional maintenance, and dental exams are not something you want to skimp on. Lee Trevino Dental is ready to help!
Dental Exams and Oral Health
Because of the high-risk factors for gum disease and tooth decay, professionals recommend that people visit their dentist every 6-12 months for a dental cleaning and exam. Here are a few reasons that dental exams are necessary components of oral hygiene.
Exams Help Prevent Gum Disease
- Gum disease is an infection of the tissue that surrounds and supports the teeth. If it is left untreated, gum disease can cause teeth to fall out due to bone loss.
Exams Help Preventing Cavities
- After we eat, an acidic substance builds up on our teeth. This substance is known as plaque. When plaque is left on our teeth, it eats away at tooth enamel and can lead to cavities if it goes untreated.
Dentists May Detect Early Signs of Cancer
- A dental exam is typically accompanied by an oral cancer screening. Dentists are proactive about checking for signs of cancer and providing an early diagnosis to patients.
Exams Keep Oral Health in Check
- Identifying and treating minor issues before they turn into major issues can save a lot of money and a lot of pain! Regular dentist visits help dentists keep records of your oral health and catch issues early on.
You Will Smile More Brightly
- Receiving regular dental cleanings and exams will help you maintain a beautiful smile and smile more brightly. Coffee and tea drinkers tend to get stains on their teeth over time, but soda, wine, and even some foods stain teeth. Regular cleanings will help people maintain a healthy, sparkling smile. Not only does a healthy smile look great, but it promotes self-confidence as well!
Exams Help Prevent Other Health Issues
- Teeth and gum problems have been linked to other health issues such as diabetes, heart disease, and strokes. Regular dental exams help to ensure that other medical complications do not develop as a result of oversight.
Dental Exams in El Paso
You wouldn’t get your oil changed by a mechanic that doesn’t have experiences. You shouldn’t visit a dental office that doesn’t have experience, either. Lee Trevino Dental has been offering quality services since 1977. Our dental staff is committed to providing our patients with the best possible dental care. Keep your teeth healthy by scheduling a dental exam up today!